It’s been a while, hasn’t it? A long-time reader asked how we are doing, so I thought instead of replying directly, I’d post my reply here! Nifty.
In short, we are doing very well! It has gotten so much easier in many ways with Binary Boy. He does have his moments, but for the most part he is a joy! He is full of energy, humor, and fun! He loves trucks and cooking, playing outside and at the park, riding his bike (the kind that just balances with no pedals), and eating. LOL! He is a joy to cook for because he loves to try new things (I KNOW how blessed I am in that respect, especially from a 2-year-old) and loves to “help” cook.
We’ve been busy! Here’s a rundown of what we’ve been up to:
- Went to California to visit with Kevin’s parents (Mimi and Pop-pop). Highlights included Binary Boy playing their piano and visiting a petting zoo.
- Visited Kevin’s grandparents in Delaware. Highlights included Binary Boy seeing his Tante Cara and eating lots of yummy food. It was really cold there.
- Kevin and I took Binary Boy to Zilker Park here in Austin to take a ride on the train. He loved it!
- It snowed here in Austin! We bundled up and went stomping through the snow. Brr!
- We visited the Austin Zoo for the day and saw lots of animals. Binary Boy really loved feeding the deer and insisted on getting another bag of food!
- We all love to cook in this house and Binary Boy is no exception! He loves putting on his chef coat to help make whatever we’re working on. He’s going to be a great cook someday!
In case you’re wondering what happened to the photos, I’m removing all photos of Binary Boy (le’cry) because of this article on CNN. I’ve always had this nagging instinct not to post photos of him (I’ve even had a similar post to the article in draft forever), but reading that article really hit home for me.
PS – Thanks for caring, Cyndi!