Normally, I don’t make new year’s resolutions, but when I started thinking about it, I found I loved the idea of writing down my goals to help keep me on track.
So, having said that, here are my new year’s resolutions (or goals) for 2008, in no particular order:
- Do yoga at least once a week. I used to do my yoga twice a day, 3-4 days a week, but slowly got out of the habit. I’m starting back into the habit slowly with once a week, and gradually move it back up to 3 days a week.
- Eat slower. I tend to only chew a bite a couple of times before swallowing. I’m resolving to double the chews per bite this year. Sounds silly, but good digestion starts in the mouth.
- Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. I used to be a “morning person”, but nowadays I usually end up falling asleep way later than I intend, so I resolve to change my sleeping habits and relearn how to be a morning person.
- Comment more. I read a lot of blogs, and love them all, but often forget to comment on them. No more of that! I’m going to comment on every blog I have in my reader at least once a week. Again, starting slow and moving my way up.
- Physically train to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. I won’t lie, I’m already in pretty good shape physically, but as I have mild (allergy-induced) asthma I need to build-up my lung strength and capacity so I can handle the high altitude, several day hike to Machu Picchu. I’d like start with cardio (stair stepper with weights) in the gym and move to altitude hikes up real mountains. I have until the end of May 2008 to reach my goal.
- Take more photographs. I love taking photos, but I find myself forgetting my camera when I see something I want to photograph. My resolution is to keep my camera with me whenever I leave the house. Also, on a similar note, I’d like to start participating in Photo Friday again.
- Volunteer at least once a month. I used to have no trouble finding time to volunteer, but I lost track of time and only volunteered 3 times total last year. Not cool. So, this year I’m going to choose a place, take any necessary classes and block off one day a month to volunteer there.
- Move out of a condo and into a house. This is a rather big one, but Kevin and I have been talking about this for a while now. Hopefully, we can do it this year, finances permitting.
I’m an eternal optimist, so I am hopeful that I can keep these resolutions. After all, I have a whole year to change a couple of bad habits, relearn some good habits, and even learn a new habit or two.
Are there any resolutions you plan to make this year?