Blue Cat Tattoo

July 23, 2006

As most of you know, I got the paw print tattoo I had been pining over getting for years and years when I was in New Orleans. My friend Mark came with me, as he also wanted to get a tattoo. I promised in my former post to show you a photo of his tattoo, as he got a much more detailed and colorful one. I finally received a photo to share with you all.

Mark's Blue Cat Tattoo

Mark Morgan's blue cat tatoo

Cool, huh? It is totally custom done. Mark created the cat from one he saw on an antique book. I think the tattoo artist, Walt Clark, did a great job on it. He shaded the cat perfectly and those paw prints wrap all the way around Mark’s arm, disappearing underneath his shoulder.

By the way, Mark works for Best Friends Animal Society in Utah. That’s his full-time job. They sent him to New Orleans during the post-Katrina animal relief efforts to work with me in the cat area at Celebration Station. This was January-February 2006. Way past the time when The Humane Society pulled out of that area (they pulled out October 15, 2005).

That is why I chose Best Friends as my charity for Blogathon ’06. They sincerely care for animals. They don’t care how much press they’ll get; if there are animals in need, they are there to help. They’re already gearing up for another hurricane season and finding ways to help the animals caught in the crossfire over in Lebanon.

PS – Blogathon is only 5 days away and I’m still able to accept sponsorship until then. Sponsor me and help the critters! If you can’t pledge, then blog about it or send out an email to your friends and family. The animals need YOU!

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 1 trackback }

Tattooed! — Binary Blonde
March 19, 2010 at 1:47 pm

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Jonathan March 31, 2010 at 12:26 am

Tattoo work looks good. Can’t really find any flaws. And again, tattoos that mean something are the tattoos people should be getting. I think far to many people just get one to get one and that kind of loses the purpose.
.-= Jonathan’s last blog ..Libra Tattoo Showcase One =-.

Kevin December 3, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Mark’s tattoo is definitely better than yours. lol

Samantha Richardson May 1, 2011 at 6:41 am

This tattoo has inspired me to have the same design, but around my wrist, i have chosen not to have the paws filled in so it doesn’t look too much… x

Rich July 26, 2006 at 1:09 am

I scar badly so If I tried to get a cat tatoo (I would automatically be kicked out of the male club) itwould come out badly. Cat on bumpy ugly flesh. I’d have the evil kitty. Ok maybe that would be kind of cool. maybe not.

I like the little paw prints. leaves it open to the posibility of cat tracks all across the body, instead of the same old geometric tribal thingy.

lemming July 27, 2006 at 8:57 am

Maybe if I’d gotten a pink cat instead of blue, I would of had to fight for my membership. :D

Laura December 6, 2006 at 6:44 am

That is so beautiful, I just lost 1 of my 4 Cornish Rex children. Sir Velvet Elvis was so dear to me. A unique personality i will never forget. They vet took a print of his paw for the memorial plaque, I will be getting his paw print tattooed over my heart. This will be my 15th tattoo. They all have meaning of a different time of my life. Thank you for sharing and letting me share him. Laura