Alley Cat Allies is back in New Orleans and will be hosting a spay/neuter extravaganza for the stray/feral cats of the Greater New Orleans area. From May 8th through May 21st (oh, how I wish I could be there!), volunteers along with the help of local animal welfare groups will shoot for the goal of spay and neutering 1,000 felines. They’ve coined the event the “Feline Frenzy”, for good reason!
Currently, there is a great need for volunteers. Below are the different roles that need to be filled:
- Trapping team leaders (organize groups of trappers with assigned schedules)
- Trappers (trap cats, deliver to clinic, and return to original location â€“ must have vehicle)
- Trap depot coordinators (oversee trap depot where traps and supplies will be signed-out to trappers)
- Volunteer leaders for clinic facilities (oversee volunteers at clinic, following clinic process)
- Assistants at clinic facilities (provide hands-on or admin assistance to clinic staff)
If you’re going to be in New Orleans from May 8 – May 21 and want to sign up to assist with the spay/neuter clinic, contact Alley Cat Allies at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (601) 749-5084. Remember to provide your name, email address, phone number, area of interest and availability dates when you contact them. It makes everything easier.