Spend your holiday season doing something that really brings holiday cheer – help the cats rescued in Louisiana!
Alley Cat Allies will be closing their Louisiana base camp in a little over a week, on December 17th. I received word that they need help during these last few days! I know this is a hectic time of year, but by donating your time to help these displaced cats you can feel like you truly gave something back this holiday season.
If you can volunteer prior to their closing date on December 17th, please visit their website. Look over the volunteer information and fill out the volunteer form. Or, you may email their volunteer coordinator, Pilara.
Volunteers are needed for the following jobs:
- Transporters for cats who are to be reunited with evacuated families, or those going to foster homes, shelters, and barn homes all across the country!
- Own vehicle required
- People with cat care experience for our base camp
- Experience pilling, giving shots, and working with feral cats
- Louisiana licensed veterinarians
- Veterinary technicians
- Helpers for general clean up as well as dismantling of camp
- Daily care of cats at shelter – clean cages, etc.
- People skilled with computers
- Data entry and other clerical assistance with animals being admitted to the shelter
- Handy men/women
- Supply inventory organizers who can also run errands to area stores as necessary
They are also still looking for barn homes for feral cats and adoptive and foster homes for tame cats. If you are an individual or humane shelter interested in fostering, adopting, or offering a barn home please email: email@example.com.